AutoStart is a system that automatically starts the tree when the timing system senses two fully staged vehicles. This allows the starter more time to concentrate on track conditions to make sure the track is as safe as possible. It also allows for more consistent starting lines procedures as all tracks in the Maritimes will be using the same settings for the AutoStart system. Most drivers will not notice any difference at the starting line.
1) Starter enables the system.
2) Both vehicles are Pre-Staged and then one vehicle Stages for the “Stage On Time”, the AutoStart system is activated.
3) Second vehicle then Stages for the “Stage to Start” time and the countdown for the Tree is activated.
4) The Tree sequence begins after --- Stage on Time + Stage to Start + Variable (.2 sec.) for a total time range of 1.5 to 1.7 seconds for the ET classes.
5) Now if the second vehicle does not stage in 10 sec., then the tree is dropped and the second vehicle gets a RED light.
a) Stage On Time -- the time that both pre-stage lights and one stage light must be ON to consider a vehicle "Staged". This takes into account the flickering of a staging beam.
b) Stage to Start -- the minimum amount of time that the second Stage light must be on before the tree sequence can begin.
c) Max Delay -- the longest the tree sequence will wait before starting.
d) Variable delay -- the quickest and longest time that the tree sequence can begin after the Stage on Time and Stage to Start time have expired. Currently it will be set at 0.2 seconds.
AutoStart Time Settings - Current IHRA Times
|Class||Stage on||Time Stage to Start||Max. Delay||Tree Delay|
|E.T.||0.6 sec.||0.9 sec.||10 sec.||1.5 - 1.7 sec.|
|Jr. Dragster||1.0 sec.||0.8 sec.||15 sec.||1.8 - 2.0 sec.|
|Stock/SS||0.6 sec.||0.9 sec.||10 sec.||1.5 - 1.7 sec.|
|Hot Rod||0.6 sec.||0.8 sec.||10 sec.||1.4 - 1.6 sec.|
|Super Rod||0.6 sec.||0.7 sec.||10 sec.||1.3 - 1.5 sec.|
|Quick Rod||0.6 sec.||0.7 sec.||10 sec.||1.3 - 1.5 sec.|